Newburyport Family Practice is open and safe for our patients. We have implemented emergency precautionary procedures, and are committed to the health and safety of our patients, visitors, and employees.
Due to the COVID-19 infection Newburyport Family Practice will be open Monday – Friday
9am – Noon & 1pm – 4pm
HOW CAN I BE SEEN IF I AM FEELING ILL?
- We are now offering virtual visits! Many visits, sick and routine, can be performed virtually from the comfort of your home by using your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. We are happy to provide more details along with an easy 3-step setup process when you make your appointment.
- We are continuing to offer in-person visits for those without COVID-19 symoptoms and those who still need them.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO ENSURE SAFETY IN OUR FACILITIES:
- Upon arrival to our facilities, patients are screened for international travel, fever, cough and respiratory symptoms.
- We follow the CDC exposure control guidelines for infection control, including cleaning and disinfection procedures appropriate for SARS-CoV-2 in healthcare settings.
- We have adequate levels of infection control supplies, including FDA-approved, hospital-grade disinfectants and personal protective equipment.
- Our staff are routinely trained in the practice of universal precautions and infection control.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU TO DO:
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, which include fever, cough and shortness of breath.
- Seek medical advice if you develop symptoms and have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or if you live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water; avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands; stay home when you are sick; and cover your cough.
IF YOU HAVE AND APPOINTMENT:
In response to the increasing number of measures being taken to control the spread of COVID-19, you may be asked to reschedule your elective appointment. You will be asked to reschedule your appointment if you meet any of the following conditions:
- If you have traveled to China, Iran, Europe or South Korea in the last 30 days.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has traveled to China, Iran, Europe or South Korea in the last 30 days and is now ill.
- If you have a temperature of 100.4°F or higher.
- If you have a cough, shortness of breath, or other respiratory symptoms.